If you’ve been losing hair with no end in sight, you are not alone. More than 30 million women in the US suffer from some form of hair loss. Your trusted team at Amarillo Hair Restoration Center will evaluate your unique needs and recommend the best treatment options to allow you to enjoy a full, healthy head of hair once again.
What Are the Causes of Hair Loss in Women?
Losing about 50 to 100 hairs a day is a normal part of the hair growth cycle, and does not result in thinning or balding. Hair loss is different. It occurs when outside factors disrupt the hair growth cycle or when hair follicles become damaged and replaced by scar tissue.
Androgenetic alopecia, also known as female pattern baldness or hereditary hair loss, is the most common cause of hair loss in women. It usually results from a combination of genetics and hormones. This type of hair loss progresses gradually and typically presents as diffuse thinning on the scalp.
Another leading cause of hair loss in women is maintaining hairstyles that pull and tug on the hair, such as cornrows or tight braids, which cause a condition called traction alopecia. Additionally, over-styling your hair or using harsh chemicals can harm your hair follicles. Other causes of hair loss in women include hormonal changes and imbalances, pregnancy, physical and emotional stresses, immune disorders, medical conditions, scalp infections, or skin problems.
Treating Hair Loss in Women
If your hair falls out excessively or if you notice any signs of thinning or balding, don’t wait. Contact Amarillo Hair Restoration Center for a consultation as soon as possible. The earlier you start treatment, the better the outcomes.
Here’s a look at some of our highly effective hair loss treatments:
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): PRP prompts inactive hair to enter an active growth phase and promotes cell growth and division, producing excellent, natural-looking hair regrowth results.
- Medical Treatments: Depending on your unique needs, we may recommend clinically tested products, such as Rogaine®, Nizoral®, or Propecia®, to reverse or slow your hair loss.
- Hair Loss Products: We offer products such as Tricomin to promote hair health and Capilus Keratin Hair Fibers to provide a temporary fix for thinning areas of hair.
- Laser Therapy: Backed by research and clinical results, the LaserCap offers a non-surgical and discreet hair regrowth solution.
- Hair Restoration Surgery: In some cases, a hair transplantation surgery is the best option to restore balding or thinning hair, leaving you with natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Women’s Hair Loss Treatments Near Me in Amarillo, TX
Visit Amarillo Hair Restoration Center to learn more about our women’s hair loss treatment solutions. Dr. Jarrous and his dedicated team will work with you to determine the underlying causes of hair loss and recommend the best treatment options for real results that last. You can count on us for exceptional, compassionate care. We invite you to call us at 806-355-4247 (HAIR) to schedule your consultation today!
*Keep in mind that the treatment results and patient experience may vary from person to person.