My Dad is Bald, Will I Go Bald?
Hair loss is hereditary, but it’s probably not your dad’s fault. If you’re a male and have been wondering whether you’ll go bald, you should take a long look at the mane atop your maternal grandfather’s head. Men inherit the baldness gene from the X chromosome that they get from their mother. Female baldness is genetically inherited from either the mother’s or father’s side of the family.
Baldness may be influenced by a number of other factors as well, including age, health, diet, hormones, seasonal changes and climate. Trauma, stress and anxiety may also adversely affect hair growth because they can lead to reduced blood and oxygen supply to the scalp, which is essential for maintaining a healthy head of hair.
Will I go bald?
Most men will experience hair loss during their lifetime. In fact, by the age of fifty, more than 85% of men will have significantly thinning hair. If you’ve noticed a receding hairline at the temples and crown of the head, then you likely have male pattern baldness.
Baldness in women, also known as female pattern alopecia, commonly occurs over the entire scalp. However, it can also be localized in the front and top of the scalp. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, nearly 40 percent of women have visible hair loss by the time they are 40.
Hair loss treatment options for men and women
Amarillo Hair Restoration Center offers a wide range of treatments including medical grade hair products, shampoos, laser hair treatments and hair restoration. Here are the services we offer:
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP): PRP prompts inactive hair follicles to re-enter an active growth phase.
- Stem cell therapy: Stem cell therapy is an innovative hair loss treatment that uses stem cells derived from the Wharton’s jelly of the umbilical cord. These are injected into the scalp to help reverse the shrinking of hair follicles.
- Medical therapy: Depending on your unique needs, we offer clinically tested products like Rogaine®, Nizoral®, or Propecia®.
- Hair loss products: Products such as Tricomin® and Capillus® Keratin Hair Fibers can provide a temporary fix for thinning hair.
- Laser therapy: Backed by research and clinical results, our one-of-a-kind Laser Cap therapy is a portable, affordable, and discreet hair growth solution.
- Hair restoration surgery: Enjoy natural looking hair for years with NeoGraftor the strip method for hair transplantation.
If you are experiencing balding or thinning, find out if you are a candidate for hair loss treatment in Amarillo when you call the skilled specialists at Amarillo Hair Restoration Center at 806-355-HAIR (4247).