Everyone loses hair; in fact, it’s normal to lose between 50-100 hairs every day. But if you begin to notice excessive thinning or balding, you may be experiencing hair loss. The most common cause of hair loss is genetics. Approximately 80 million men and women in the United States struggle with hereditary hair loss as a result of genetics.
Hereditary hair loss progresses gradually in predictable patterns. Women typically experience thinning hair at the part line, followed by increasing hair loss at the top of the head. Men, on the other hand, will often experience a receding hairline and bald spots at the crown of the head.
What is hereditary hair loss?
Hereditary hair loss is not a disease, but a natural condition caused by a combination of genetics, hormone levels and the aging process. Hereditary hair loss is also known as male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness and androgenetic alopecia.
The suspected gene variation that leads to hereditary hair loss sits in the X chromosome, which is handed down from the mother’s side of the family.
Fortunately, most cases of hereditary hair loss can be stopped or treated by a skilled hair restoration specialist.
Treatment options for hereditary hair loss
The Amarillo Hair Restoration Center offers a wide range of treatment options from medical grade hair products (e.g., shampoos) to laser hair treatments and surgical hair restoration. Here are the safe, effective treatment options we offer:
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) – PRP has shown to reactivate inactive hair follicles, prompting regrowth.
- Medical therapy – Clinically tested products like Rogaine®, Nizoral®, or Propecia® can effectively treat hair loss.
- Hair loss products – Products like Tricomin® and Capillus Keratin Hair Fibers have shown to treat, halt, or mask hair loss.
- Laser therapy – The LaserCap® is one of the latest breakthroughs in non-surgical solutions for hair loss treatment.
- Hair restoration surgery – The NeoGraft® or strip method for hair transplantation helps promote natural-looking results for many years following the treatment.
If you or a loved one is struggling with excessive thinning hair or balding, Amarillo Hair Restoration Center (AHRC) can offer you a safe and effective hair loss cure in Amarillo. Contact the skilled specialists at AHRC at 806-355-HAIR (4247).